Property Protection Measures
If your property is susceptible to flooding, there are many flood
damage reduction measures you can employ.
- Have a plan and set it into place when heavy rains are
- Obtain battery backups for sump pumps.
- Watertight seals can be applied to brick and block walls to
protect against low-level flooding.
- Utilities such as heating and air conditioning systems, water
heaters and other major appliances can be elevated to higher floors
in the structure or on raised platforms.
- Temporary measures such as moving furniture and other valuables
to higher floors or sandbagging exterior openings will also help.
- Elevating or relocating the entire structure may also be a