Home    Site Map    FAQ   Forms    Contact Us    E-News   
Government | Village Clerk
Untitled 1

Election Information and Voter Registration

The Village of Carpentersville elects its officials in independent, at-large elections that are held in April of odd numbered years. Primaries and general elections, for national or state offices, are held separately.


The Consolidated Election is Tuesday, April 7, 2015 in which citizens will be voting for three vacant Village Board of Trustees seats.

The last day to register to vote for this election is Tuesday, March 10, 2015. You may register to vote in any Kane County municipal office where a deputy registrar is present including the Carpentersville Village Clerk’s office.

Early voting will be available from Monday, March 23, 2015 through Saturday, April 4, 2015. A registered voter in Kane County can vote early at any facility throughout Kane County that offers this service. Early voting information can be found on the Kane County Website.

Grace Period registration begins on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 through April 4, 2015 for people who have missed the deadline to register to vote. This allows them to register to vote at the Kane County Clerk’s Office. If you register to vote during the grace period and want to vote in the upcoming election, you must vote at the time of registration.

On Election Day, voters must vote at their designated precinct. Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Please check your voter registration card for your polling place.

For Election Information/Results, please visit the Kane County Website.:

 Please contact the Village Clerk's office at 224-293-1627 with any questions.


Voter Registration

Village residents can register to vote at the Village Clerk's Office located in the Village Hall Monday thru Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.

To register, residents must be 18 years or older, a United States citizen, and have lived in the Village for at least 30 days. Applicants must provide two forms of identification; one must be a photo id and one must show your current address. Naturalized citizens registering to vote must provide the name of the court, city and state, and date of naturalization.

Remember if you have moved or changed your name, you must re-register to be eligible to vote.

You may also download an application from the Kane County Clerk's website and mail the completed form to the County Clerk's office.

Any questions, please contact the Village Clerk's Office at 224-293-1627.